Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Microphones  (Read 3720 times)

up4asmile

Microphones
« on: July 18, 2005, 07:11:37 PM »
 :) Hi everyone! I have a question that may be stupid, but I don't know the answer, so I'm hoping one of you will.

I write songs. I have a microphone that came with my computer. We used it when we were playing games online. Now I'd like to record my songs to send to a friend. Nothing fancy, just so she will get the drift of the tune.

I don't know what I need to do that. I'd appreciate any help you could give me. Thanks in advance.  :D

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Microphones
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2005, 07:41:26 PM »
Hey, it;s not a stupid question if you don't knoiw the answer, right? lol  What kind of sound card do you have?

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Raptor

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2005, 05:45:07 AM »
You can try to use Windows recorder, but it is not very sophisticated.

1. Start
2. Programs
3. Accessoires
4. Entertainment
5. Sound Recorder

You need a

1. Soundcard
2. Microphone/Headphone

There is more advanced software available, but this is free.

Mac

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2005, 01:48:31 AM »
Do you have NERO with the NERO Wave Recorder?

Mac

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2005, 01:56:16 AM »

up4asmile

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2005, 07:40:08 PM »
I played around with it last night and found the recorder. It will let me record for 60 seconds. That is good enough for now.

But since I write a lot, I think it would be cool to record all of each song (and not just the first 60 seconds, lol), so maybe someone could recommend a program to buy that isn't too much money (since money is tight right now).

My computer says I have Crystal WDM Audio. Under hardware it shows Crystal WDM Audio Codec, Audio Codecs, Legacy Audio Drivers, Media Control Devices, if this helps any.

Thanks for your help everyone. I appreciate it! It was cool to be able to send Reneé just a snippet, so the whole thing will be great!  ;D

Mac

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2005, 02:09:13 AM »
Did you not try the FREE Audacity Sound Recorder?

If you right-click the loudspeaker in your systray and click on Open Volume Control you'll find a whole host of input/output arrangements and recording/playback selections.

You can record some 14 Hours, or more, of music with Audacity.

Just click on this link Audacity and then go to the Downloads page and download the Windows Version.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2005, 02:10:04 AM by Mac »

Raptor

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2005, 05:37:37 AM »
You should put the underscore under the links you post, Mac, most people do not know you can actually click on links in forums.

merlin_2

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2005, 06:07:34 PM »
And another tip for you......if your mic has packed up...and you have headphones......you can use them as a mic.....just plug them in the mic jack plug......even is this is only for a temporary fix....

up4asmile

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2005, 07:52:39 PM »
Thanks, guys! I'll go download Audacity now!

Have a great day!

Pam  8)