Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Firefox crashing on Google search...  (Read 5678 times)

roccenstein

Topic Starter

Hopeful
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Firefox crashing on Google search...
    « on: September 06, 2010, 10:28:43 AM »
    I just started having this problem yesterday while running Firefox.  When I go to Google it loads the initial search page fine, but then once I search something Firefox crashes.  I searched around online and have found other people complaining about the same thing, and they mention starting Firefox in safe mode with add-ons disabled.  I've done that, but I don't know what else to do from there to fix the problem.  Suggestions?

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    Re: Firefox crashing on Google search...
    « Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 11:17:14 AM »
    Close Firefox. Go Start>All Programs>Mozilla Firefox, click on Mozilla Firefox (safe mode). Same thing?

roccenstein

Topic Starter

Hopeful
      « Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 05:22:22 PM »
      No, it does not crash in safe mode.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 05:44:21 PM »
      Then there are issues with either extensions or themes you have installed...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Broni

Mastermind
      • Kraków my love :)
        • Computer Help Forum
      « Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 05:56:22 PM »
      That's it.
      Restart FF in normal mode, disable all add-ons.
      Restart again, use it for a while.
      No crash?
      Enable one add-on.
      Restart.
      No crash?
      Enable next one....and so on.

Main suspects - toolbars.

biggaz

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2010, 05:50:19 PM »
      I've been having many problems with firefox crashing, I thought it was some of the add on scripts but now I will try what was suggested here and uninstall the toolbars.

greytdogz

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2010, 06:19:20 PM »
      That explains problems that I have been having on occasion. I'll be removing add on's and putting them back one at a time. Thanks

ameliaj8

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2010, 11:09:46 PM »
      make sure your history is cleaned every week or 10 days, it can make the browser run really slow and also crash. Look for updates,

Firefox is still the best browser I must say, it just might be a temporary bug, Mozilla does fix bugs regularly as an alternative if I run into problems with Firefox I just switch over and use Google chrome while I wait for an Firefox update, this has happened to me a few times, Google Chrome is the best for searching on Google, just type your keyword search terms into the address bar and away you go.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
      • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • BC-Programming.com
      • Certifications: List
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #8 on: November 10, 2010, 04:32:18 AM »
      make sure your history is cleaned every week or 10 days, it can make the browser run really slow and also crash.
      That's complete nonsense. I have history going back to more then a year ago, through quite a number of versions of FF. I've yet to have a single crash as a result.
      Flash is and has always been the main reason for FF crashes. That's also why they added the separate plugin process. Sure, it's designed to work with all plugins, but it doesn't take a genius to know that it's really just for flash, because it's clearly programmed by a bunch of fece-tossing monkeys in a zoo somewhere, and debugged by cheese-wotsit loving best-buy managers- and that's a best case scenario. None of my other plugins have been so comically buggy.

Plugins, Add-ons, Themes etc. are far and away the #1 cause of problems people encounter with firefox. "Mozilla Bugs" ("temporary" or otherwise) doesn't even appear on the radar in comparison.

I could ramble on for pages about the theology that appears to have developed around browser subcultures.

I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

sypes55

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2010, 05:21:10 AM »
      I had this same problem once and I just removed and re-installed Firefox and then all was right with the world.

Firefox, especially when it is in beta trials for upcoming editions, can act funky at times but it sure is great for SEO.

lecrawford

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2010, 06:55:15 AM »
      I'm having a lot of problems with Firefox crashing as well.   I found one of my problems was with a theme I'm using.  I tried cleaning out my browser history offten but that does not seem to help.  I found mine will crash sometimes when I have a lot opened at once and after really being slow at first and then crash.  Not sure if it's firefox or I need a new computer. :-)