Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Why do my WMP plug-ins disappear when I reboot the OS?  (Read 2695 times)

Kokirin

Topic Starter

Why do my WMP plug-ins disappear when I reboot the OS?
    « on: September 07, 2010, 06:33:23 PM »
    I bought my computer a few weeks ago and I have had this problem since I bought it. I run Windows 7 (64-bit) that came with the computer and Windows Media Player is always the latest version.

The problem is that when I start Windows Media Player it acts like none of my manually installed plug-ins exists. The plug-ins in question are last.fm scrobbler, Windows Live Messenger and Lyrics Plug-in. When I press Tools>Plug-ins it only shows "Bluetooth Headset Plugin" which came with the computer.

If I however install one of the plug-ins. Like Lyrics Plug-in for example, it is already installed but I install it again, then when I press Tools>Plug-ins it shows all of my installed plug-ins in the menu and all of the plug-ins suddenly work perfectly (not just Lyrics Plug-in and Bluetooth Headset Plugin, but Last.fm-Scrobbler and Windows Live Messenger as well). But the next time I boot up Windows, Windows Media Player acts like none of my manually installed plug-ins exist again.

Does anybody know what causes this problem and how to prevent it?

Kokirin

Topic Starter

Re: Why do my WMP plug-ins disappear when I reboot the OS?
      « Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 03:41:24 PM »
      I got help from the Microsoft forums instead. It had to do with that when I opened Windows Media Player with Launchy I opened the 64-bit version with which the plug-ins weren't compatible with. Good bye.