Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Scrren Freezes and all different colored pixels come.  (Read 3992 times)

Threedpg

Scrren Freezes and all different colored pixels come.
« on: September 14, 2010, 11:10:32 AM »
Hello,I just made my self a account here to speak about my problem.Right now im in safe mode writing this because,my computer is dieing i think.I have read a few topics about my kind of problem.I have 3 theories why my computer is acting this way but first the problem, Now i own a Ordi Twister with a little mod.I have a GeForce 8600 Gt videocard in and  i think is dieing out.I have been getting thees weird freezes that randomly then i like open firefox or something else like msn the screen crashes and a lot of different colored dots or pixels come and i cannt to nothing but hardreset by the reset button.Im really worried because it the best computer i ever owned.My specs are,AMD athlon 64 2x dua; core processor 5000+ 2.61GHz.2.00 gb of ram.It has served me well over the 3-4 years i had it and im very happy about it until now.When it was purchaced from the store my father ordered to put the best video card the shop has and it was the limited edition Nvidia GeForce 8600GT.Now im really worried about losing this battle with this computer because i had problems before but nothing i coulnt handle but this is way over my head.I heard that u must upgrade your video card to fix this so im downloading it right now and giving u the detail later.Btw if people are wondering its not the heat thats the problem because i have the cover open and i have a massive fan blow air in it and its not still working.So any ideas to fix this let me know and no i dopnt usually keep the cover open i have it closed.

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Scrren Freezes and all different colored pixels come.
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 11:29:49 AM »
1) In the future, please just state the problem without the story - it's very difficult to read your post as it stands.
2) Try a new video card and/or try a different display. If they don't make a difference we can go from there.

JJ 3000

Egghead
  • Experience: Familiar
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 07:25:51 PM »
Right now im in safe mode writing this
Does the problem persist in safe mode?
Save a Life!
Adopt a homeless pet.
http://www.petfinder.com/

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 08:03:29 PM »
Wrong driver installed.....
Newer is not always better...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "