Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: My browser can't display characters right.  (Read 3101 times)

gotitans

Topic Starter

My browser can't display characters right.
    « on: September 15, 2010, 10:23:26 PM »
    Okay, so recently I've been getting a problem with my computer not being able to display words correctly when I access a web page. Instead of showing the usual letters and words in English, everything shows up as musical notes and treble clefs. This doesn't happen on every page I go to. Note: I have had guitar pro and power tab software installed on my computer for about six months, could they have anything to do with the error? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: My browser can't display characters right.
    « Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 11:38:07 PM »
    Try going to your Regional and Language options under Control panel. See defaults if its in English(Untied States) text or form. Check also your Languages and Fonts option under Tools, Internet options,General tab.

gotitans

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 08:22:07 AM »
      Wow. Thanks. My default font in my internet options somehow got set to power tab. Everything looks fine now  thanks!

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 08:49:52 AM »
      That's good news  :)
      Make sure you run alongside your current anti-virus an anti-spyware software such as Spybot Search and Destroy for added protection. Update weekly and immunize your files and registry.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_spybot_search_destroy/
      If you have it already then all goes well.