Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: trojan horse blocked  (Read 11076 times)

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: trojan horse blocked
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2010, 02:14:27 AM »
bc_programmer:   i just found this info which seems to explain the issue!
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=63985.0
i hope this is correct and my system is clean :) 

thanks again.

That definitely looks like it's the case, good sleuthing!

thanks for a real reply!  :)   (and btw, was i right in my responses to "mr. adware," as you called him?  i may be a "rookie" as far as this stuff is concerned, but i'm no idiot.  but if i was wrong, i would feel bad for getting annoyed with him.)
I'd say so. His replies barely touched on any of your questions, preferring instead to ramble about adware and how symantec has malware that get's left on your PC, and providing the proof in the form of a mirror of a adware detection page from symantec about Download Accelerator Plus (or something).

I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: trojan horse blocked
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2010, 11:05:15 AM »
(i previously used symantec).
i am not having a problem with pop-up ads.  i was getting the avast pop-up notifying me of a trojan horse.  an issue which i have already explained has been cleared up.

It's hard to believe that none of the 42 products available on the online service don't have a generic signature able to detect the rogue code, which leaves just one explanation – they're fouled by that valid Symantec signature.

Quoted from -->

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Infected-File-Signed-by-Symantec-Outlines-Industry-Problem-152120.shtml