Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How to transfer the contacts.  (Read 2212 times)

anjeepsolution

Topic Starter

Beginner

How to transfer the contacts.
    « on: October 06, 2010, 11:43:17 PM »
    Hello Everybody,

I have written 220 contacts of mine in excel sheet. and now i have bought new phone nokia 2690..
    so could any one pls guide me how do i put all the contacts in my phone through computer directly.

Regards.
    Anjeep

truenorth

Guru

Re: How to transfer the contacts.
      « Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 11:36:44 AM »
      I do not have the phone you are trying to transfer your contacts from your computer to. However it occurs to me as with many other devices you will need to "sync" your phone to your computer and then transfer your data. Here is a link to software that will allow you to do that and many other functions. I would be surprised if you do not already have that software provided with your phone. If you do you need to install it on your computer. If you don't have it then hopefully this link will provide it to you.
      http://rs-catalog.com/download/nokia+2690+pc+suite+free+download.html
      truenorth

soybean

Genius
      • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      Re: How to transfer the contacts.
      « Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 11:51:21 AM »
      I have never transfered contacts from computer to cell phone but truenorth's advice seems most likely right on target. 

I do not believe you'll be able to import directly from the Excel file to your cell phone.  My guess is that you will need to import the Excel contacts list into the software you install, the software suggested by truenorth.  Once you get the contacts data into the software on your computer, then you can proceed to transfer the contacts to your cell phone or, in other, synchronize your computer and phone.