Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Motherboard and Power supply  (Read 2462 times)

regnier

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Motherboard and Power supply
    « on: September 19, 2010, 07:51:52 PM »
    Hello,

I'm currently going to be buying a motherboard, but I'm not very knowledgeable. I have a full ATX sized tower and I know I'm going to be buying an AMD processor.

http://www.directron.com/hdz965fbgmbox.html

Even though I'm buying it for a bit cheaper than that site offers, it's just for the specs. I realize I have to buy a motherboard with an AM3 socket, but i'm not to sure on what other specs would be very significant. Also, I noticed several micro sized motherboards had am3 sockets and was wondering whether the size really mattered for a gaming computer. I know the size may help with future upgrades.

Also, I know what pins are, but what exactly does it mean when the specs say 22(+2)
    « Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 08:02:40 PM by regnier »

TK421

Re: Motherboard and Power supply
    « Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 09:11:13 PM »
    It would definatley depend on how you want to upgrade in the future, if your looking to get a big gaming graphics card like a GTX 480 which can sometimes be hard to fit into to standard sized cases, then you might want to look at a larger motherboard.

regnier

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Re: Motherboard and Power supply
      « Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 09:50:24 PM »
      Alright, that makes sense.

As far as the pins, I need to know what is meant when the specs list it's 22(+2)

Also, more suggestions on motherboard specs would be appreciated.