Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Rocketfish psu help  (Read 1865 times)

frizzy

Rocketfish psu help
« on: September 25, 2010, 01:14:58 PM »
Yesterday I purchased a 550-watt atx cpu power supply (a rocketfish product). And I got 2 very amature questions about it.

1. The motherboard on my pc doesn't have anyplace to insert the  12V power connector will that be a problem?

2. Another item I bought a while ago was the zotac gts250 graphics card, and the pci express splits into two female pieces, both of them need to be connected to the psu, right?

Thanks for the help,.  :)

Computer_Commando

Hacker
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Rocketfish psu help
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 05:10:54 PM »
Yesterday I purchased a 550-watt atx cpu power supply (a rocketfish product). And I got 2 very amature questions about it.
1. The motherboard on my pc doesn't have anyplace to insert the  12V power connector will that be a problem?
2. Another item I bought a while ago was the zotac gts250 graphics card, and the pci express splits into two female pieces, both of them need to be connected to the psu, right?...
1.  Older motherboards don't have them (i.e. Pentium III).
2.  I think you are referring to the SLI connector?  Also, if this graphics card does require a direct connection to the psu, it will come with an adapter cable.  Is this graphics card for the same motherboard in #1?