Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: All media is not working: itunes, WMP, even all online videos and music  (Read 4412 times)

saffron

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    For some reason all media is no longer working on my computer. I don't have sound, WMP doesn't load, itunes freezes when loading, all online music and videos don't work (youtube or any other video site). When trying to load a video for example on youtube, the browser freezes (it crashes my opera browser, with firefox I am able to just close the tab). Even noticed flash doesn't work as anything that takes adobe flash will crash as well. This happened in the last couple days.

I am using windows 7 (geniune copy). HP elitebook laptop. Intel core 2 duo CPU T9600 @2.8ghz. Ram 4gb. 64 bit operating system.

I use trojan remover on bootup and have had it scan my system, but it hasn't found anything.

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: All media is not working: itunes, WMP, even all online videos and music
    « Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 04:37:57 PM »
    1) Have you run a full scan with your anti virus utility?
    2) What happened just before the problem appeared (new hw, sw, error, virus, etc)?

saffron

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 04:46:46 PM »
      Thanks for such a quick response.

I had it do a quick scan and then did a couple different directories, but guess I still need to do a full complete scan.  Doesn't seem like a virus as my computer isn't running any slower and I am not seeing any word applications take up a bunch of juice in my task manager.

Only thing I have done recently is I installed all adobe CS5 software (the complete package). But that was about a week ago and the problem started a couple days ago.

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 04:49:43 PM »
      I'd suggest a full scan with your av. You can also follow the instructions in the following link - let's make sure it isn't a malware problem before we start looking elsewhere:
      Please follow the instructions in the following link and post your logs in the thread you create (NOT in this thread):
      http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,46313.0.html

saffron

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 06:15:21 PM »
        If the scan comes up with 0 malware do I still post the log?

saffron

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2010, 06:49:10 PM »
          Oh new info on this. I tried playing a youtube video again, but on a site other then youtube that was just hosting the youtube video on their site. I hit play and then after a bit my browser (firefox) froze like always, then I waited and after awhile it came back and all the youtube videos said "the adobe flash plugin has crashed". I don't know how that could possibly be affecting all media on my computer... but I don't know. I tried a update of adobe flash and the problem still persists.

patio

• Genius
          • Maud' Dib
            • Yes
          « Reply #6 on: September 25, 2010, 10:11:36 PM »
          Run This

TheN do a fresh install of flash...
          " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

saffron

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2010, 11:36:07 PM »
            Ok I installed the debuggers, but after installation they didn't auto run or anything. I don't see a shortcut on my desktop to run them or see anywhere I can click on them to get them to start "debugging". Or do I not need to do this?

saffron

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2010, 06:50:01 PM »
              please reply, I know no way of using the debuggers. They downloaded and then I hit run and they said done with installation. Is that all I needed to do? I don't see any shortcuts for them and can't find where they are at in order to have them run (if they need to)... I can't really use my computer until this is fixed, many websites have flash on their site and it makes my browser crash. I work online, so I need to be able to use my comp if anyone can help, that would be great.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
              • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
                • Yes
                • Yes
                • BC-Programming.com
              • Certifications: List
              • Computer: Specs
              « Reply #9 on: September 26, 2010, 08:14:41 PM »
              Nobody said anything about debuggers...
              I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

saffron

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2010, 09:26:43 PM »
                Run This

TheN do a fresh install of flash...

Patio wanted me to run the debuggers. The link goes to download flash debuggers.