Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: boot up probem  (Read 2097 times)

mankymunky

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    boot up probem
    « on: September 26, 2010, 06:03:09 AM »
    I get a blue screen of death directly after the win xp screen goes before it gets to the log in page. Ive tried changing to a new hard drive but i cant seem to do a new install. It goes through the start of an install, but when it gets to the point where i would expect it to ask me to create a partition or format it goes to BSOD i know the disc drive works and i have checked the ram by an elimination test. There isnt any other hardware attached like a graphics card or wireless card. I am stumped????
    It is a dell machine with 2006 bios running xp sp3 os on the original drive. I would flash the bios if i could get the thing to boot but i cant get past the xp load screen using the old drive,and i cant install a new one so i dont know what to do. can anyone help????

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: boot up probem
    « Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 06:46:34 AM »
    What is the complete and exact blue screen error?

mankymunky

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
      Re: boot up probem
      « Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 07:05:44 AM »
      0x00000000fc or 7e or even a 50 i havent got the machine switched on at the mo its at home but will be able to do it later when i get in.