Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Networking Issue Win 7 and Server 2000  (Read 2845 times)

jamezgreen

Networking Issue Win 7 and Server 2000
« on: September 28, 2010, 11:50:07 AM »
Hello, I'm new to the forum and have been struggling with what I hope is a simple networking issue for quite some time. I'm finally coming to the experts for some backup! I'm pretty much a novice when it comes to networking as well so please bare with me. Here is the issue:

We have a small network of computers running various OS, XP, Windows 2000, Windows 7 which all connect to a server running Windows Server 2000. All computers connect to the server flawlessly will full permissions to copy edit print save, etc. EXCEPT for the desktops running Windows 7.

The issue we experience with Windows 7 are two-fold when it comes down to it:

1. We can't open Office documents (we all run Office 2010) unless we open them with Open Office.

2. Can't copy any file from the server to our desktop (we can open pdfs and images and save them to our desktop however!)

I've poured through the forum and online for solutions and have tried quite a few things: taking ownership of the folders/files, making sure full permissions have been granted on the server for my specific adminsitrator user account, etc. all with the same result.

It's a weird thing to me. I can see the files on the server, the server can see my files. All other paths talk fine to each other it's only between the Windows 7 and the Windows Server 2000. Sorry for the long post, ANY help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.