Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Vaio duing Restore/recovery a window comes up with 'copying of the foder failed'  (Read 4781 times)

Elle.net

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Familiar
    I have a Vaio VGN-CR42S
    My Laptop will not start and when turned on comes up with a screen suggesting either start windows normally or start windows recovery when i select start normally my computer simply shuts down.
    when selecting windows recovery i get a message saying windows recovery tool loading however after this i get the error message 'copying of the folder failed' when i press okay or exit my laptop just shuts down i have tried several times and i have tried pressing f10 and going that way with the same outcome.

I would like to know if there is any way of restoring my entire computer system or how I can fix this problem. I am not worried about losing any data on my computer as I have it all backed up.
    My computer did not come with any restore CD's

Thank you

lostcoast

Hopeful
    • Experience: Experienced
     I suggest ordering the restore cd's from Sony Support.
    I am  Moderator of Computerhope Chat, for live help and assistance please use/click Free Help in the upper forum toolbar.

raaghz

Restart your Computer and start pressing the F10 key when you see VAIO screen, it will take  you to VAIO Recovery Center. Select Restore C Drive option.