Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: PC does not switch ON  (Read 2119 times)

sagarnarvekar

PC does not switch ON
« on: September 28, 2010, 12:33:46 AM »
I have a i3, 4 gb ram, GTS250x Graphic card.

I was working on my PC, and then suddenly the Monitor screen went blank.
I checked the wire and the everything, the PC was still running.
I tried to restart the pc but made no difference. I attached the monitor on to a different PC, there it worked.
So i removed the graphic card and attached the monitor cable to the On board Video out. There it worked  for a while and then again the monitor switched off.
So i opened the case and checked, the  fans were rotating for a few seconds and going off. again rotating for a few seconds and going off. This it keeps on doing till of switch off from the mains.

PLease help

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: PC does not switch ON
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 02:10:43 AM »
You have removed the dedicated graphics card and used the onboard videocard to check on the blankscreen issue to no avail...? Shutdowns and won't switch on. Check you CMOS battery and replace it. What activities were you doing when this happen? Remove other external devices hooked including optical drives from PSU(pin connectors). Check RAM modules, if you have 2 RAMs Reboot with only one RAM inserted and check if the either is not  faulty. Worst case, mobo.

quaxo

Guru
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: PC does not switch ON
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 04:47:31 AM »
Ignore the previous post. He obviously didn't read or misunderstood your post. Don't pull your CMOS battery or your RAM or anything. It most likely isn't your motherboard either.

If the fans are coming off and on, it's probably a problem with the power supply. If you have access to another power supply, try swapping it out and see if that doesn't solve the problem.