Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HELP! Black Screen & wont boot up windows Vista  (Read 23164 times)

Chindia

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: HELP! Black Screen & wont boot up windows Vista
    « Reply #30 on: October 09, 2010, 01:47:06 AM »
    Hi Thanks for your reply, I tried the restore 1st & it says I think from memory, 'a restore is already running', I think Im close to getting this solved but probably need some step by step help.

I can also get into safe mode when booting with the recovery disc in the drive.

Im desperately trying to save my documents as I recently produced  PDF sales docs etc...

Again many thanks

Dave

Chindia

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: HELP! Black Screen & wont boot up windows Vista - Further Ino
      « Reply #31 on: October 09, 2010, 06:03:15 AM »
      Hi Below is further info

DIAGNOSIS & REPAIR DETAILS
      Name: Boot Status Test
      Result: Completed succssfully
      Root Cause Found: Error Code = 0x0
      Boot status indicates that OS booted successfully

Thanks Again

dave

Chindia

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2010, 10:23:02 AM »
        Hi I also discovered today that my partner chose 64 bit operating system when she went to upgrade to windows 9... :o

Salmon Trout

« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2010, 10:33:38 AM »
        my partner chose 64 bit operating system when she went to upgrade to windows 9

How so, since even Windows 8 is not scheduled for release until 2012?

Chindia

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2010, 09:32:01 AM »
          Hi maybe it was Windows 8 but a somekind of fake version?, Im just needing help to finish solving the problem!

Thanks Dave

patio

• Genius
          • Maud' Dib
            • Yes
          • Experience: Beginner
          « Reply #35 on: October 10, 2010, 09:44:48 AM »
          Anything called Windows8 is going to continue to give you issues....the BETA isn't even out yet.
          What you most likely have is a butchered up pirate copy of Win7.
          " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Azzaboi

Apprentice
          • Aaron's Game Zone
            • Aaron's Game Zone
          • Experience: Experienced
          « Reply #36 on: October 10, 2010, 06:20:55 PM »
          A word of warning about installing Windows 8. There are fake versions floating around which are actually Win7 tweaked to say Windows 8 and have a trojan embedded into the core. There's a lot of fake copies around - it's simply tempting you to install a virus which you think protects you with security. This is the same trick malious coders do with 99% pirated anti-virus and OS software. Don't use them!

Windows 8 hasn't been released, there is no beta yet, and it hasn't been leaked... except for some planning documentations.

Windows 8 has been said to be more based on cloud network computing and it won't even look like Windows 7 or any other previous version OS.

Windows 8 will be released on 2012 (the predicted 'end of the world' date) and will run pretty much like Skynet network did in the movie 'Terminator', lol I love that movie. Astalavista baby!  8)
          Aaron's Game Zone
          The best free online flash games: http://azzaboi.weebly.com

Play Games - Play free games at Play Games Arcade

johngetter

Hopeful

• The Computer Master (Number 2)
          • Certifications: List
          • Computer: Specs
          • Experience: Experienced
          « Reply #37 on: October 12, 2010, 04:49:07 PM »
          A word of warning about installing Windows 8. There are fake versions floating around which are actually Win7 tweaked to say Windows 8 and have a trojan embedded into the core. There's a lot of fake copies around - it's simply tempting you to install a virus which you think protects you with security. This is the same trick malious coders do with 99% pirated anti-virus and OS software. Don't use them!

Windows 8 hasn't been released, there is no beta yet, and it hasn't been leaked... except for some planning documentations.

Windows 8 has been said to be more based on cloud network computing and it won't even look like Windows 7 or any other previous version OS.

Windows 8 will be released on 2012 (the predicted 'end of the world' date) and will run pretty much like Skynet network did in the movie 'Terminator', lol I love that movie. Astalavista baby!  8)

Haha windows 9. I heard that windows 7 was the project name. but it wasnt confirmed that it would be called that. and as we all know they confirmed it and we now know it as windows 7.

Also i head that windows 8 will be another codename (project).

Call of Duty Player
          Operation 7 Player
          Halo Reach Player
          Acer User

I am glad to help you today...Have a Nice Day, From your Friendl

Chindia

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2010, 02:45:31 PM »
            hi i was really hpoing someone would help me to finish solving this problem!
            Is there any further help at all thanks Dave

patio

• Genius
            • Maud' Dib
              • Yes
            • Experience: Beginner
            « Reply #39 on: October 19, 2010, 03:44:34 PM »
            Here  is the Tutorial on hooking up the drive as a slave in a working Desktop machine to retrieve your data...

Other than that you need to get legit to solve your Windows issues.
            " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

JJ 3000

Egghead
            • Experience: Familiar
            « Reply #40 on: October 19, 2010, 05:35:32 PM »
            Dave, at this point I'm out of ideas.  :-[
            You say that you can get into safe mode with the disk in the drive. What I would suggest is, grabbing all of the data the you want to save from safe mode. You can put it on a disk or flash drive. Then I'd do a format and clean install from the disk that came with your laptop. This will delete everything, so make sure that you've got everything that you want to save backed up. You can only back up data, not programs. You will need the original install media to reinstall any programs.

After the install check device manager to make sure all of your drivers loaded. Then get all of your updates from Windows update.
            Save a Life!
            Adopt a homeless pet.
            http://www.petfinder.com/

bazsmith

« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2010, 08:26:35 PM »
            Hi Dave, My name is Baz and I am new here. My laptop is doing exactly what yours was doing and I would like to know if you sorted it out and what you did. I have scoured so many forums to fix it.

morganmostuff

« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2010, 06:32:55 PM »
            Help me please!  :-\  when i turn on my computer it is all white. it doesn't show anything. my volume was up and i heard the welcome screen turn on. i had it on about two hours before it turned on and it was working fine. i know its the screen itself but what do i do to fix it. i know the subject is black screen but it was the closest i could find for my answer    ???

Allan

• Mastermind
            • Experience: Guru
            « Reply #43 on: December 01, 2010, 05:49:55 AM »
            Help me please!  :-\  when i turn on my computer it is all white. it doesn't show anything. my volume was up and i heard the welcome screen turn on. i had it on about two hours before it turned on and it was working fine. i know its the screen itself but what do i do to fix it. i know the subject is black screen but it was the closest i could find for my answer    ???
            Please join the forum and start a new thread with your question.

sph92173

Rookie

« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2011, 02:25:15 AM »
              Hello anybody reading this thread ... I had the same issuse on a Dell Inspirion E 1505. I burned the recovery disc and followed every suggestion. I was even using an external monitor. NOTHING was working, I still could not boot into windows regularly, just in safe mode. THEN, I had an idea ...

I said I was using an external monitor - that monitor was DIGITAL!!! Apparently, Vista was performing a number of updates and the screen kept going to sleep. What I did was just plugged in an old CRM monitor and that's when I saw what was REALLY going on!!!