Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: To buy again from usedlaptops.com?  (Read 3199 times)

lectrocrew

Topic Starter

Mentor

• ole dog learning new tricks
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • My first self-built computer
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
To buy again from usedlaptops.com?
« on: September 20, 2010, 01:42:22 PM »
I don't want, nor can afford a new notebook with the specs I want.. I know enough about building, modifying, upgrading, virus recovery ect. so that a warranty means very little to me.
I bought a Dell Latitude notebook from usedlaptops.com in 2003 which I used to modify/re-flash GM PCM (automotive computer) programs. I had an issue with the hard drive in it and they sent me a new replacement drive free with free shipping and prepaid return packaging for return shipment of the defective drive. All in a very timely manner.
 I now want a notebook to modify ladder logic programs for industrial PLC's (factory equipment controller) for machinery where I work, and to write/modify PLC programs for various other applications. I looked at the usedlaptops.com website and they currently have a Dell D630 available for $429 which fits my needs specification wise fine.
Is this still a reputable seller? Is there a better seller out there nowdays?
Any comments/direction/suggestions about the Dell D630?

EDIT: spelling

lectrocrew

Topic Starter

Mentor

• Yes
    • Yes
Re: To buy again from usedlaptops.com?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 04:50:20 PM »
Quote from: Computer Hope Admin
This section of the Computer Hope forums is a place for users to talk about and review computer software programs, hardware and/or services

Sorry about that. I figured requesting information / reviews about the Dell D630 hardware and usedlaptops.com services was within the guidelines.  ???

Anyway, I made my purchase based on information I recieved from several hours of research from several different sources and am happy with my new hardware:)

Computer_Commando

Hacker
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 04:56:57 PM »

lectrocrew

Topic Starter

Mentor

• Yes
    • Yes
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 07:19:24 PM »
Mods moved it from here:  http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,110780.0.html
I'm aware of that. I recieved the notification email about the move.
Now that I'm aware of the guidelines for posting in the 'Reviews and recommendations' section, and this post has received no replies pertaining to the original requested information about the hardware or services listed in the original post, I see no need for it to take up space in the hardware section either. Shouldn't a mod just delete the whole post?  :)

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 07:49:25 PM »
No...
Because the Post may spawn answers to your original query...
Which is why i moved it instead of deleting it.

Personally if you had a good experience with the Vendor in the past by all means i would say yes...use them again.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "