Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Microsoft Outlook Query  (Read 2374 times)

chrismason22

Topic Starter

• FMDiscussion
  • Experience: Experienced
Microsoft Outlook Query
« on: October 01, 2010, 07:49:15 AM »
Someone i know wants to set their Outlook up so that when they receive an e-mail, it goes into a designated folder straight away and also appear in their inbox.

As it is, when the mail they receive goes straight into the specified folder within Outlook, it doesn't show in the Inbox. They have to go through each folder to check if there are any new mails...

Is it possible to set it up so that the mail will appear in both it's designated folder AND the inbox? Or is it just one or the other?

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
Re: Microsoft Outlook Query
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 09:59:45 AM »
As it is, when the mail they receive goes straight into the specified folder within Outlook, it doesn't show in the Inbox. They have to go through each folder to check if there are any new mails...

Why would they need to that?  Outlook shows the name of folders in bold font when they contain new mail. Otherwise, the folder name is not in bold font.

Is it possible to set it up so that the mail will appear in both it's designated folder AND the inbox?
Yes, it's possible.  When creating a Rule, select "move a copy to the specified folder" the Select action(s) phase of the Rule setup. 

Note: I'm referring to Outlook 2003.

chrismason22

Topic Starter

• FMDiscussion
Re: Microsoft Outlook Query
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 10:06:40 AM »
Why would they need to that?  Outlook shows the name of folders in bold font when they contain new mail. Otherwise, the folder name is not in bold font.

Ah right, i don't use it myself so i couldn't tell them. I had a look online but couldn't find anything specific about it.

Yes, it's possible.  When creating a Rule, select "move a copy to the specified folder" the Select action(s) phase of the Rule setup. 

Note: I'm referring to Outlook 2003.

Ah cool, I'm not sure what version they are using but I'm sure it should still be as simple as that if it's a newer version. Thanks for the help!  :)