Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Reset Network adapter anoyying problem  (Read 6349 times)

quaxo

Guru
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Reset Network adapter anoyying problem
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2010, 05:17:15 AM »
Check in your Netgear's logs.

If you don't know how to do this:
1. Open your browser and direct it to 192.168.0.1 (if that doesn't work, try 192.168.1.1).
2. When prompted for a username and password, use "admin" for both (default for Netgear).
3. This will then open the routers settings in the browser. Somewhere in one of these you should find a status log.

The next time this happens, open the log and copy and paste whatever it reports as the issue.

Come to think of it, I had a similar problem with a Netgear router and my ISP. Finally ended up having to replace the router with a D-Link router.

Imran619

Topic Starter

Beginner
  • When things aren't going right, Go left
    « Reply #16 on: September 30, 2010, 09:23:10 AM »
    You mean where it says logs on the left hand side underneath content filtering?

Because you can't spell slaughter without laughter.

Imran619

Topic Starter

Beginner
    • When things aren't going right, Go left
      « Reply #17 on: September 30, 2010, 11:31:29 AM »
      And how do I download my Firmware? It says a New version has been found but when I download it, It still says I need to download he new version. Maybe this would solve the problem if I download he latest Firmware.
      Because you can't spell slaughter without laughter.

quaxo

Guru
        • Yes
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #18 on: September 30, 2010, 05:19:54 PM »
      You mean where it says logs on the left hand side underneath content filtering?

I can't say for sure where it is. Every router is different. You'll have to use your judgement. If there's a button on the left side that says "Logs" that will probably be it.

As for the firmware, I wouldn't mess with it until we identify what the problem is with your connection.