Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: EMERSON VCR+DVD COMBO!  (Read 3952 times)

terry24

EMERSON VCR+DVD COMBO!
« on: February 17, 2006, 06:25:13 PM »
WE HAVE A EMERSON VCR+DVD COMBO RECORDER, MODEL=EWR20V5. WHEN WE RECORD OUR OLD VHS TAPES TO DVD WE CAN ONLY PLAY THEM ON THAT DVD RECORDER! I TRIED TO PLAY THEM ON MY COMPUTER BUT MY DVD RECORDER DOESN`T RECONIZE THEM. IS THEIR ANY WAY AROUND THIS?
                                                                             THANKS: TERRY

T-Chai

Re: EMERSON VCR+DVD COMBO!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 07:24:56 AM »
I dont understand You much

IS this is your problem:
PC is not reconising the DVD Recorder (through USB?) -> More info needed
DVD Recorder Dics is not reconise by the PC -> Check the driver model see if its compactable

What is your PC model/spec ?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 07:28:56 AM by T-Chai »

terry24

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2006, 11:54:57 AM »
AFTER I RECORD A VHS TAPE TO DVD ON MY EMERSON DVD+VHS RECORDER,I TAKE THE DVD DISK OUT AND GO INTO ANOTHER ROOM TO PLAY IT ON ANOTHER DVD PLAYER OR MY COMPUTER AND IT DOES NOTHING! I`VE EVEN USED NERO TO SHOW DISK INFO AND IT SAYS NO DISK IN DRIVE! THE MORE I READ THE MORE I `M FINDING OUT THAT THIS IS NORMAL, IT WILL ONLY PLAY ON THE EMERSON.  I JUST WISHED I WOULD HAVE KNOWN THAT BEFORE I BOUGHT IT! I MEAN IF THE EMERSON BREAKS OR QUITS WORKING ALL THE DVD`s WE COPIED ARE NO GOOD!
                                                         LIVE AND LEARN I GUESS!
                                                          THANKS ANYWAY: TERRY                                        

R0SS

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2006, 04:42:59 PM »
Terry,

Try pressing the 3rd key up far left on your keyboard.

T-Chai

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2006, 04:49:29 PM »
So you problem might be is that your ROM isnt detecting the copy DVD Dizc  ;) OK
And your Other DVD player might not support the Copied formatt but all copied DVD should play on any DVD player really so try on your friends expensive DVD player.

What are you PC Model/spec also include your CD drive specification.
Tell us both of you DVD player model and spec also include what formatt they can play.

terry24

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2006, 04:10:37 AM »
MY PC IS = COMPAQ PRESARIO S4200NX
                 1gb Ram
                 120gb hd
MY CD-ROM IS= Lite-On DVDRW SOHW- 1633S

This emerson will play any kind of dvd but you can only record on Dash (-)R or DASH (-)RW Disk! THAT`S GOING TO BE MY PROBLEM ISN`T IT?

GX1_Man

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2006, 04:37:25 AM »
Yes, you need a player that will recognize that format.

T-Chai

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2006, 01:10:47 AM »
Still your PC cannot reconise the copy DVD - Try openning it by using proper DVD Player software