Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: New custom gaming pc wont work with new video card?  (Read 1774 times)

Chrislebbano

New custom gaming pc wont work with new video card?
« on: October 03, 2010, 03:25:58 PM »
Hello everyone.  I just bought all the pieces needed for my custom gaming PC.  First I'll tell you the problem and then the specs.

I put everything together and the PC was good to go.  I turned it on for the first time (with the new video card put into the motherboard) and it looked as if the monitor wasnt plugged in (the monitor wouldnt come out of stand by mode).

So I went and got 2 or 3 different monitors from around the house and still no luck.  I was getting really frustrated, until I tried taking the video card out, and that worked.  The computer is up and running just fine, but without the video card.  I assumed I had to install it after I got everything up and running, I was wrong.

So now, I can put the video card into the mother board, turn the PC on, and the monitor never comes out of stand by mode.  I can hear windows starting up and everything, I just cant see it.  So, here are my pieces.

Windows 7 Home premium
Motherboard:  Asus M4A785TD-V EVO
Processor: AMD Athlon II Quad Core 2.9ghz
RAM: 4gb DDR3 Corsair
550Watt PSU

Video Card I bought is a Raedon HD 5670 1g gddr5 PCI express 2.1 bus ATI
And right now the computer is using the on board standard VGA display.

I tried going into the BIOS settings and changing the internal display to use the PCI first, but no luck.  I even tried installing the driver from the CD that came with the video card, but no luck.