Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Issues with installers and downloads.  (Read 2437 times)

Chris James

Issues with installers and downloads.
« on: October 04, 2010, 12:02:47 PM »
Here's my problem I'm having.

I move my internet modem back and forth between my computer and my xbox 360, depending on where internet is needed at that point it time.
(I'm poor-ish and cannot afford another ethernet cable or a wireless adapter at the moment)

For a period of about two weeks, I had just left it in the living room plugged into the xbox. Finally, last night, I decided to skype with a friend of mine. So I moved the modem back in. Once it hooked up and showed a valid internet connection, I opened my default browser (Google Chrome) to facebook for a bit while talking to her.  Immediately, I noticed some issues with my browser. Some pages were only partially loading, or fully loading but giving some gibberish as if it was still partially undecoded. Also, things that normally use Flash 10.1 on my computer to launch (i.e. Youtube, some things on fbook, and the like) Were not launching. Almost as if the computer could not detect Adobe Flash on the drive at all. So, I uninstalled it with the intent of reinstalling to fix the problem. When attempting to download it again, I ran into my biggest problem yet. Files will not download from any browser (Chrome, IE, or Firefox) and those very few that do, when the installer begins, gives some kind of registry or exception or validation error and closes down. I completely wiped the partition and reinstalled Windows 7, to no avail.

Ideas? Suggestions?