Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: locate pictures  (Read 2825 times)

uniquename

locate pictures
« on: October 09, 2010, 01:02:53 PM »
I have more then one question, I hope someone can help.     1. Is it possible to locate pictures you sent on someone elses computer? What I mean is, can you tell if someone saved the picture you sent?            2. I had some pictures on my camera that were deleted. This happened awhile ago. Is it possible to recover them?        3. Can you locate pictures online that could have been posted, even if you forgot where you posted them.         If anyone can help, it would be really helpful.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: locate pictures
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 07:30:42 PM »
No.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Azzaboi

Apprentice
  • Aaron's Game Zone
    • Aaron's Game Zone
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: locate pictures
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2010, 11:46:09 PM »
Short answer is no, long answer however would be yes it's possible but requires a bit of work.

1. It is possible to track by encoding images. This is pretty much a virus and will be blocked by today's OS security patchs and the anti-virus.

2. Anything deleted isn't actually removed until overwritten and can possibly be recovered by 'undelete' software.

3. Google can find all indexed - if you know how to use it correctly. Using 'Advance Google Image Search' allows you to locate pictures easily from shape, size, part of the filename, description, format, colors, etc. It goes as far as face detection, photo content, line drawing or clipart, etc.
Aaron's Game Zone
The best free online flash games: http://azzaboi.weebly.com

Play Games - Play free games at Play Games Arcade