Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Graphic Tablets *sigh*  (Read 4015 times)

Redcaa

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• [Insert Personal Text]
    • Experience: Beginner
    Graphic Tablets *sigh*
    « on: September 16, 2010, 04:47:48 PM »
    Okkk, so I wanna get one. Preferably cheap, big like a 6x8 (10"x10") XD
    Less than $125 / £80
    I've searched but it seems impossible! D:
    I've see the bamboo pen but it's too small. I need something which will be recognized by quite a few popular softwares e.g. Photoshop, Flash, 3dMax

Muchas Gracias!

Bromide

Beginner

• Experience: Familiar
      Re: Graphic Tablets *sigh*
      « Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 07:03:36 PM »
      Here is an inexpensive tablet I just notices on Anandtech’s Hot Deals forum.

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2106585

I don’t know any more about it than this, but I’m going to get one myself.
      The company is in California, but they do international shipments.
      See what you think.

Redcaa

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• [Insert Personal Text]
        « Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 03:21:54 PM »
        Hmm...it's not bad, not very popular :P
        Battery pen =[
        Thanks for the post though.

Tell me how it is! :D

quaxo

Guru
          • Yes
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Guru
        « Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 05:23:36 PM »
        Battery pen =[

Most are anymore. It's cumbersome trying to draw when you pen is tied to something.

Genius makes a number of tablets in various sizes with various features:
        http://www.geniusnet.com/

spikedfox

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 07:58:57 AM »
          Battery pen =[

I fail to see the big deal with that. I've been using a Genius Mousepen 8x6 tablet (which is a great tablet for its price, I must say) which uses both a battery pen and a battery mouse, and I've never had to change either of them so far. I've had this tablet for nearly 2 years by now, and I use it every day.

You probably won't find battery-less pens with cheaper graphic tablets anyway.

As for compatibility with popular software, as long as you have the proper drivers installed, it should work with just about any software, except maybe if you use veeery old versions of said software (which happened to me with Corel Photo-Paint 8, a version that is nearly 12 years old.)

quaxo

Guru
            • Yes
          « Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 08:33:35 AM »
          Genius Mousepen 8x6

That's the exact one I have. I've had it for about 2 years as well and still use it all the time. I don't use the mouse with it, just the pen. I'm not even sure what I did with the mouse... packed away somewhere.

As for compatibility, I know for sure this one is recognized by every program I have that can recognize a tablet. New versions of Photoshop recognize it even if it's plugged it after Photoshop starts, but some older versions require a restart to see the tablet (Photoshop loading issue, not tablet issue).

spikedfox

Rookie

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2010, 10:19:11 PM »
            As for compatibility, I know for sure this one is recognized by every program I have that can recognize a tablet. New versions of Photoshop recognize it even if it's plugged it after Photoshop starts, but some older versions require a restart to see the tablet (Photoshop loading issue, not tablet issue).

The only issue I've had with photoshop is if I'm running VLC player at the same time, photoshop stops detecting pen pressure either right away or after a certain time. Closing VLC (and using any other media player instead) solves this problem without even needing to restart photoshop. No big deal. I use photoshop CS2.

quaxo

Guru
              • Yes
            « Reply #7 on: September 23, 2010, 10:33:27 PM »
            The only issue I've had with photoshop is if I'm running VLC player at the same time, photoshop stops detecting pen pressure either right away or after a certain time. Closing VLC (and using any other media player instead) solves this problem without even needing to restart photoshop. No big deal. I use photoshop CS2.

Interesting, I've never had that problem and I've usually got VLC, Winamp, or Windows Media Player running at the same time.

Redcaa

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• [Insert Personal Text]
              « Reply #8 on: October 07, 2010, 01:19:55 PM »
              Ohh, I like the Genius Mousepen 8x6 however. I can't seem to browse the web site with much ease. For some reason it takes minutes to load =\

I looked at some videos on Youtube. Looks promising :D
              Might just get it.

quaxo

Guru
                • Yes
              « Reply #9 on: October 08, 2010, 12:39:12 AM »
              Ohh, I like the Genius Mousepen 8x6 however. I can't seem to browse the web site with much ease. For some reason it takes minutes to load =\

I looked at some videos on Youtube. Looks promising :D
              Might just get it.

Their site is based in Taiwan I believe, at least the domain name would lead me to believe so and they're a Taiwanese company, and I've had speed problems with it now and then.