Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Monitor Issue  (Read 2132 times)

Dilbert

Topic Starter

• Egghead

• Welcome to ComputerHope!
    Monitor Issue
    « on: August 19, 2005, 06:50:09 PM »
    Hi,

I have been having an... interesting... problem with my computer. It will suddenly tint slightly blue for a while, and then after a minute it will restore the proper color. Even now, my monitor seems to have a slight blue-ish tint, so what should be white is an off-white/blue-white. Does anybody have this problem? Could my monitor be dying?
    "The geek shall inherit the Earth."

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Monitor Issue
    « Reply #1 on: August 19, 2005, 07:59:35 PM »
    You have virus and Spyware protection, right? Have you made any changes to your system lately before this happened?

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Raptor

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2005, 10:35:55 AM »
    Hi,

I have been having an... interesting... problem with my computer. It will suddenly tint slightly blue for a while, and then after a minute it will restore the proper color. Even now, my monitor seems to have a slight blue-ish tint, so what should be white is an off-white/blue-white. Does anybody have this problem? Could my monitor be dying?

Test the monitor on another computer to eliminate software and hardware defuncts.

If the same behaviour shows, try degaussing it. Keep it away from objects that exercise magnetic influence.

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2005, 07:16:11 PM »
    Dilbert:

I faced the same problem once.  The data cable from the monitor to the video card was not connected firmly.  

Make sure it the data cable is firmly in place on both the monitor and the video card or motherboard.

Regards,
    Doc