Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Suggestions for budget build  (Read 5892 times)

frige

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Suggestions for budget build
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2010, 07:01:23 AM »
Come on now I do have more than one computer LOL. I own a small business so I have computers coming out of my ears. I wanted to build this one for my man cave. Its out in the woods and there is no cable out there but there is 3g internet ;) My it skills are by no means as good as the people on this forum but I am in charge of all the repairs and upgrades. I also repair the trucks, mow the grass, upstop the toilets etc. etc.
Dang I hope I get what I ordered yall have me nervous. I should get the os in a week or so and I will update the thread and let  yall know what I got.

frige

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Yes
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2010, 08:14:25 AM »
My windows arrived today.  ;D
It looks like it is a download as it does not have the holographic disk that you usualy have with windows and the code is printed on a piece of paper not a sticker. But the seller assures me it is genuine. I will install the 64 bit version. Question: I have 1 stick of 4 gb memory should I have 2 sticks one for each processor? I asked the sales guy at frys but they know just enough to get me in trouble...LOL

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2010, 08:17:25 AM »
I would be very leery of that ver. of Windows myself...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

frige

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Yes
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2010, 06:45:40 AM »
Yes it did make me nervous when I first saw it, but the seller included a afidavid saying it was genuine. Also the passcode cleared at microsoft .com and it downloaded with no problems. I will keep a copy of the ebay page where I bought it to be safe.
But still the question. Will 2 sticks of memory make the duel core processor work faster? From reading the booklet it seems that it will allow the processors to work independently of each other.