Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Hard disk.  (Read 1954 times)

sirhums

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Hard disk.
    « on: October 12, 2010, 04:48:28 AM »
    I tried to install win. XP . AT one point I hard this message : A disk read error occured. Press ctrl+alt+del. to resart. When press it , the same error message appears. What can I do now? Please help !!!!!!!.

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Hard disk.
    « Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 05:52:04 AM »
    You can start by providing a LOT more details about exactly what is going on, the system, where you obtained the XP cd, how you are trying to install XP, and when you get that message.

sirhums

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 06:27:52 AM »
      I bought the CD. i boot the syetem from CD-ROM drive with the CD in the drive. AT one point it said it was formating NTFS. Later on , the message of ctrl+alt+del came up. Since tten, each time I boot the system, the message comes.

hedgehog88

Beginner

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 06:36:40 AM »
        I bought the CD. i boot the syetem from CD-ROM drive with the CD in the drive. AT one point it said it was formating NTFS. Later on , the message of ctrl+alt+del came up. Since tten, each time I boot the system, the message comes.

When did formatting NTFS message occur? During Installation? From what you mentioned I don't believe you installed in correctly.

Reinstall XP and follow the instruction carefully. Be sure to perform complete format prior to installation.