Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Automatic emails from excel ???  (Read 2168 times)

emma_1234

Automatic emails from excel ???
« on: October 12, 2010, 09:33:16 AM »
Hello, i am a total novice at excel but have recently been asked to set up a process at working using an excel spreadsheet. _What i need to do is send out 2 sets of reminder emails on a daily basis automatically. The spreadsheet has a date on it, which is needs to use to send a reminder the day before and then again on the day. it also has the email address that is needs to send to and a number than needs to be included in the text of the email.__I know it is a long shot but is there anyone who can explain to me step by step the best way to do this?
Hello, i am a total novice at excel but have recently been asked to set up a process at working using an excel spreadsheet. _What i need to do is send out 2 sets of reminder emails on a daily basis automatically. The spreadsheet has a date on it, which is needs to use to send a reminder the day before and then again on the day. it also has the email address that is needs to send to and a number than needs to be included in the text of the email.__I know it is a long shot but is there anyone who can explain to me step by step the best way to do this?
 Cancel

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Automatic emails from excel ???
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 10:26:19 AM »
I'd be looking at Outlook to do this, not Excel.  See http://forums.techarena.in/technology-internet/1125433.htm or peruse other findings from a Google search on automated emails with outlook: http://www.google.com/search?q=automated+emails+with+outlook&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Another option might be Google's Calendar.