Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Administrative Template in GPO not working!!  (Read 2751 times)

jdimarco

Administrative Template in GPO not working!!
« on: September 02, 2005, 02:12:16 PM »
I am trying to make a group policy for a OU in a domain. I have defined a TON of properties in the policy (no access to control panel, forced classic mode, etc...). But for some reason when i log in to the domain, none of these policies apply. I can access everything i disabled in group policy. Does this make sense? I am doing this through the Administrative template, mainly because i dont want to learn scripting right now. Any help would be great!!.

jessed

what i really meant to say...
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2005, 11:34:33 PM »
i think my previous post sounds a little too confusing. Whats happening is that i have created a group policy for a group of authenticated users on my server. And when i log on to the domain from another computer, the policy doesnt work. I have made sure to add the policy to the group(OU)...alas, no dice. do i need to enable something? I figure all that you need to do for this to work is: create a policy, add it to a group, login under that group and-POOF! things are on lockdown. again, ANY help is more than welcome. I have been searching the net for info, but cant find anything that addresses my problem.

Raptor

Re: Administrative Template in GPO not working!!
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2005, 07:22:44 AM »
Apart from Computer_Commando, I doubt there is any one else who can help you.

mpowers

Re: Administrative Template in GPO not working!!
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2005, 08:56:34 PM »
jesse im lookin, this stuff is hard, im workin on it, see u tuesday, CHANGE MY CLASS :o :o :o :o :o