Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Random Crashes  (Read 7751 times)

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Random Crashes
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2010, 11:42:12 AM »
I need help idk wats goin on with my computer i have windows xp but i can just be have a good time browsin the web and have my media player open or or any other program open and my computer just freezes up or restart over by itself out the blue anyone have a suggestion of what this proablem is? please tell me !! :)
First of all, please start your own thread. Second, when you do please try to explain your problem clearly - as it is,  your post is unintelligible.

Barefoot_Tom

Topic Starter

Intermediate
    Re: Random Crashes - Final Report & Question
    « Reply #16 on: October 19, 2010, 04:15:54 PM »
    The Computer Repair guru says that the problrm is with the motherboard, and is not worth repairing. He suggests my buying a new (used) computer, and starting over.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to how I can best transfer all the data and programs from the existing hard drives onto the new computer? The hard C:/ drive from the old one can be installed as a slave on the new, but the hard drive itself cannot be swapped as the Master.

What's the easiest way to handle this?

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #17 on: October 19, 2010, 04:45:12 PM »
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Barefoot_Tom

Topic Starter

Intermediate
      « Reply #18 on: October 19, 2010, 05:06:46 PM »
      Here Ya Go...
      Thanks, but I'm afraid I didn't make my wants clear enough. I know how to install and slave the drive, what I'm not sure about is how I can take the new computer with a clean hard drive, and transfer all the data, and the programs, onto it so that when I boot it up, the screen appears as it did before, and the programs run as they did.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #19 on: October 19, 2010, 05:09:12 PM »
      Use the HDD manuf. free utilities for whatever HDD is in the machine to "clone" the old drive to the new one...

NOTE: You will probably have to do a Repair Install to get things running...you will need a Windows CD of the same version to facilitate this...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "