Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Internet 8 links  (Read 2973 times)

Alun58

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Internet 8 links
    « on: October 22, 2010, 07:37:09 AM »
    Hi I am having hassles in getting internet 8 to open links on win 7 I know a lot about comps but this one has me confused I have reset all my internet settings back to default but it still will not open links up when I try to open a link it says conecting but just stays a blank page have tryed all that I know to fix it but no joy yet
    Thanks 8)

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Internet 8 links
    « Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 09:29:58 AM »
    Open links from where, from what program?  Do you have any other browsers installed?  Is IE set as the default browser?

Alun58

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: October 23, 2010, 06:29:13 AM »
      If I open anything in explorer 8 it will not connect yes only inter 8 the only browser and set to default

soybean

Genius
      • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: October 23, 2010, 10:00:18 AM »
      Do you have any other software, such as an email client (Microsoft Outlook, Windows Live Mail, etc.) or an anti-virus program which successfully connects to the Internet? 

How do you connect to the Internet?  Computer connected directly to modem or do you have a router also?  Is your computer connected to modem or router via ethernet cable or wirelessly?

Do you make any hardware or software changes about the time this started happening?