Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Dual Monitor gaming  (Read 3341 times)

dante10k

Topic Starter

Rookie

Dual Monitor gaming
    « on: October 23, 2010, 05:36:48 PM »
    Alright i got like a really annoying issue: lemme explain my setup before going into the problem

I got two monitors both LCD and use DVI input for the GPU, i use the one on my left for the secondary monitor (browsing, looking at ventrilo, playing media files) and my primary for which my desktop and my games are supposed to use Fullscreen on.

alright heres the issue certain games run on my secondary monitor (games like Arcania Gothic 4, Fear2) i havent tried any others so far but one game actually loads on my primary monitor but its a older game which uses the Quake3 Engine, I tried using UltraMon to switch monitors when its loaded but it dont work, and i tried forcing it to run on my primary monitor using the ultramon properties tab when rightclicking on the shortcut still didnt work. and i also tried using the NVIDIA control panel. I also tried switching the cords for the DVI connections around, also didnt work.

My specs are:
    CPU: AMD ATHALON Dual Core 2.4
    GPU: 9600GT NVIDIA

if you need more detailed specs i can give them.

thanks everyone, i really need your help.

talontromper

Hopeful
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: Dual Monitor gaming
    « Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 04:47:43 PM »
    This isn't exactly a fix but more of a work-around. you could set the secondary monitor as the primary monitor and it will play the games on that screen then.
    "One does not discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time." - Andre Gide

OpenSource

Beginner

• Certifications: List
      • Experience: Experienced
      Re: Dual Monitor gaming
      « Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 03:28:05 PM »
      Can you play the older games like Q3 in windowed mode?