Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Comp Problem for the Books  (Read 5187 times)

Chris Isaac

Comp Problem for the Books
« on: August 01, 2005, 11:49:34 AM »
Begining the night after aquiring a new (paid for) legal P2P service, I woke the next morning to discover my Java Script writer had been activated. I immediately engaged Ad-aware, Norton and Housecall to isolate the problem. Upon recognizing the file and perparing to quarantine it the computer shut down. This continued for about an hour until I gave up on the process and employed the XP Pro system recovery. Upon completing that I once again began to check the system and sure enough the same problem happened again. This processed continued until finally I recived the Blue and Black screens of death.
Finally I turned to "Geeks on Call" for a full virus scan and system diagnostic to which after three whole weeks the best they could come up with was that they believed my video card was faulty and that my capassadors on my mother board had burned out because they failed to get a video screen on the monitor in that whole time. I then took it home and rewired the hardware and after three attempts to get a vid screen from the boot I got the BIOS screen up.
I tried to run in safe but after leaving the screen I got nothing but blackness. I have gotten the setup screen one other time since then but the majority of my startups are met with nothing but black screen, orange light goodness. At this point I know that reformatting is truely the only option but I was wondering if anyone has any advice.  

Raptor

Re: Comp Problem for the Books
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2005, 12:01:32 PM »
Have you tried to reseat all hardware installed? Test each component in a different computer as well.

At this point I know that reformatting is truely the only option but I was wondering if anyone has any advice.

Why are you first describing a hardware problem and now think that reformatting is the only solution?

If you can not even see the POST, reformatting is going to do you little good.

merlin_2

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2005, 12:06:42 PM »
Have you ever  though of writing a book!or was the page one!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2005, 12:07:19 PM by merlin_2 »

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2005, 01:20:30 PM »
    Chris Isaac.........  I would be starting my search with the P2P app you installed .

"Begining the night after aquiring a new (paid for) legal P2P service, I woke the next morning to discover my Java Script writer had been activated."

You must remember that when you install any of these P2P apps ....you have agreed to let others access your pc whenever its online ..........    Before I got carried away and started a format, I would be seriously considering removing .......all evidence of that P2P if you can ........... You suggest that sometimes it starts.......?

let us know

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

merlin_2

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2005, 01:32:20 PM »
    Maybe you need a spelling book......to write your autobiography.......what p_2 program was this.....kazza!