Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Forgot to local admin password on Window 2003  (Read 7470 times)

sun_os

Topic Starter

Beginner

Forgot to local admin password on Window 2003
    « on: November 18, 2010, 08:34:10 PM »
    Hi All,

I encounter the problem on Wind 2003 server, I do the Domain migration use ADMT and complete secuirty transitaion, but failed to computer configuration. The error message " No access local to acceess the services "

After that , I log off and logon to Domain by RDP, and logon local admin but failed. Could you someone to tell me what can I do to reset or recovery  logon local administrator without reboot.  :'(

Sid

Apprentice
      • Experience: Experienced
      Re: Forgot to local admin password on Window 2003
      « Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 10:30:28 AM »
      Are you trying to log on to the machine through Remote Desktop using the Local Administrator account?

That's blocked by deafult when you add a server to a domain.  There might be a way to enable the functionality remotely, but I'm not sure.

Can you log on with any other domain account?

michaewlewis

Intermediate
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Experience: Expert
      Re: Forgot to local admin password on Window 2003
      « Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 01:16:31 PM »
      Hi All,

I encounter the problem on Wind 2003 server, I do the Domain migration use ADMT and complete secuirty transitaion, but failed to computer configuration. The error message " No access local to acceess the services "

After that , I log off and logon to Domain by RDP, and logon local admin but failed. Could you someone to tell me what can I do to reset or recovery  logon local administrator without reboot.  :'(

What exactly are you trying to do? I get that you're trying to migrate your domain from 2003 to something newer (such as 2008 R2), but I'm not understanding the rest of it.
      Could you kindly restate (and more clearly) what it is that you are trying to do, what steps you've already taken, and what error messages you are getting.