Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Frustrated with Browser Language  (Read 8566 times)

hockeysticks

Topic Starter

Beginner

Re: Frustrated with Browser Language
    « Reply #15 on: November 13, 2010, 01:38:35 AM »
    Quaxo--  You hit the nail on the head and were dead right on this one -- thanks!  The language for non-unicode programs did the trick.  Now I can download stuff in English.  In addition, it reverted some of my applications that had been running in Japanese back to English.  For example, my touchpad control was in Japanese but reverted back to English after I made the change.  Several people had suggested several things but you are the one with the best (and most simple) solution!
    Thanks again.

quaxo

Guru
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #16 on: November 13, 2010, 01:52:32 AM »
    Ok, glad you were able to find that setting and get it all sorted out. If you have any more trouble, swing on back by.  :)

hockeysticks

Topic Starter

Beginner

HDMI ISSUE!
      « Reply #17 on: November 13, 2010, 02:52:59 AM »
      I was trying to figure out the best forum category to post this one.  My new Acer laptop has an HDMI slot.  So, I went online and bought a 2-meter HDMI cable on Amazon (thus saving a load of money because they cost a fortune in the stores here!).  I hooked it up to my Sharp TV and I can't seem to get a full-screen picture.  I have tried adjusting the screen resolution with no success.  I can't get the picture on my 26" screen to be full size. 

For the past couple of years I've simply been using the separate video and audio connections and I've had no trouble getting a full-screen picture.

Any suggestions?

quaxo

Guru
        • Yes
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #18 on: November 13, 2010, 05:12:08 AM »
      What model is your laptop?

Salmon Trout

Re: HDMI ISSUE!
      « Reply #19 on: November 13, 2010, 05:12:28 AM »
      I can't get the picture on my 26" screen to be full size.

You are supposed to start a new thread, and not simply tack your question on the end of another one. In any case, "Internet browsers" is so not the best category to post a query about HDMI. You may need to go into your display driver control centre (possibly ATI Catalyst?) and adjust the HDMI underscan percentage. ATI set this to 10% by default I believe.

hockeysticks

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2010, 06:54:48 AM »
        Not sure where the display driver control centre is.  My machine is an Acer Aspire Timeline series model 1830T-3425.

Salmon Trout

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2010, 07:04:41 AM »
        Try the Start Menu. Look for Intel Graphics Media Accelerator. Better to find Acer laptop forum, ask there.