Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: my computer runs fine in safe mode but shuts down in normal after a few  (Read 3425 times)

tonys8402

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    my computer was dirty so i unpluged ittook it outside and blew the dust out of it. I put it back together and now it shuts it's self do in normal mode after at the most 10 mins.

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: my computer runs fine in safe mode but shuts down in normal after a few
    « Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 09:30:48 AM »
    Lets start with how you removed the dust.

Details are important.

tonys8402

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 05:37:35 AM »
      with an air compressor dialed down real low, and just blew off the board, fans, video card, and case then i let it set for about 4 hrs. before reconnecting and start up

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 05:51:20 AM »
      First thing to do is make sure you didn't jar anything loose inside the system. Open it up and make sure all cards are firmly seated and all connections are tight.

Also, was this just a regular cleaning of the pc or was there a problem that caused you to clean it?