Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can not download a PDF  (Read 3956 times)

hardtimes25

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    Can not download a PDF
    « on: November 29, 2010, 11:35:58 PM »
    I'm trying to download and I get this message. I don't have a clue on what to do to correct the problem I would be appreciative for some help Thank You   

C:\Users\Billy\AppData\Local\Temp\i580_User_Manual-2.pdf could not be opened, because the associated helper application does not exist. Change the association in your preferences.

Change the folder properties and try again, or try saving in a different location.
    « Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 11:56:14 PM by hardtimes25 »

2x3i5x

Expert
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: Can not download a PDF
    « Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 12:22:29 AM »
    1. Try saving the PDF directly to desktop. I think you know how to do that? 

2. You might want to try reinstalling the program you use to open PDF files.

Hopefully that gets you somewhere, if not ask again  :)

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    « Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 01:41:59 AM »
    DLoad and install Foxit Reader.....Free.

See if that does it...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 09:05:58 AM »
    I'm trying to download and I get this message. I don't have a clue on what to do to correct the problem I would be appreciative for some help Thank You   

C:\Users\Billy\AppData\Local\Temp\i580_User_Manual-2.pdf could not be opened, because the associated helper application does not exist. Change the association in your preferences.

Change the folder properties and try again, or try saving in a different location.
    The real problem seems to be that you may not have any PDF reader installed, not that you can't download a PDF.  Do you have a PDF reader, e.g. Adobe Reader or Foxit Reader, installed?

Sykes

Beginner

• Nice Guy :)
      • Tricks Guide
    « Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 12:21:20 AM »
    Seems like you are using Mozilla firefox:

From Firefox Support KB:

The "associated helper application does not exist" message can mean the application the Mozilla program thinks should open a specific type of file is no longer installed [1]. It can also mean that the application has either been updated or reinstalled and is now in a different location. [2] In such cases, the Mozilla program cannot find the application for that file type in the expected location and will issue the error.

<- Not for a PDF file.

As everyone said, reinstall your PDF application and see how it goes

If you already have PDF readers installed, then this link may help you.. (If it is firefox)

http://kb.mozillazine.org/The_associated_helper_application_does_not_exist

Cheers
    Have a good day

My Blog: http://www.tricksguide.com/

Sykes :)