Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Boot problems with Acer Aspire one Laptop  (Read 4363 times)

Bravzfan

Boot problems with Acer Aspire one Laptop
« on: November 05, 2010, 04:50:07 PM »
My daughter didn't plug her laptop in and the battery died.  When she plugged it in and tried to start it, she got the start up screen asking  which mode to start... Safe mode, safe Mode with network, Safe Mode with Command Prompt, Last known Good Config and Start Windows Normally. 
Normally, she can use Start Windows normally and it will boot normally.  Now, it will go like it's going to boot, we'll get the MS Windows XP screen with the "timer bar", a brief blue screen, and a brief Acer screen, then it will go back to the same start up screen asking which mode to start, like it's on replay.
She is currently running Windows XP, the laptop is less than a yr old and primarily is used for homework and of course Facebook.  any suggestions I can try, would be much appreciated.

Almost sounds like she picked up a virus...??

Computer_Commando

Hacker
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Boot problems with Acer Aspire one Laptop
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 05:45:00 PM »
My daughter didn't plug her laptop in and the battery died....Almost sounds like she picked up a virus...??
This is all because Windows was not shutdown properly which can sometimes corrupt the startup files.  Usually, it's not a problem, but not always, which you have found out.  I would boot to the Recovery Console and perform chdsk /r.  If that doesn't work perform a repair install.  http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm.  You will need to use one of the Acer CD's provided or boot to the Acer Diagnostics partition via the System Setup (i.e. BIOS, CMOS).