Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: eVga 9500GT to Sharp Aquos Hookup  (Read 2701 times)

Snickers

Topic Starter

Beginner

eVga 9500GT to Sharp Aquos Hookup
    « on: November 06, 2010, 10:31:38 AM »
    Good morning,

I am trying to plug my Shap Aquos but am encountering a little problem. I can get the picture on the TV without a problem using an HDMI cable. I have NOT YET plugged in the audio cable. However, there is a very weird short sound (sounds like: tsssssh) coming out of the TV speakers. I noticed that it comes out more frequently when I'm watching videos (once every 5 or 6 seconds) than when the desktop is iddle (once every 20 seconds or so), although it's not in regular intervals.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Quantos

Guru
    • Veni, Vidi, Vici
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: eVga 9500GT to Sharp Aquos Hookup
    « Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 10:35:32 AM »
    Do you realize that HDMI carries sound and that you don't require a separate audio cable.
    Evil is an exact science.

Snickers

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 10:53:07 AM »
      Do you realize that HDMI carries sound and that you don't require a separate audio cable.

Yes but since the HDMI cable is plugged in the EVGA 9500GT via an adapter I don't get any sound on the TV, correct? Hence the need for a seperate sound cable...?

Quantos

Guru
      • Veni, Vidi, Vici
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Computer: Specs
      « Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 07:31:29 PM »
      Why don't you provide us with all of the specs then, it will eliminate a lot of guess work.
      Evil is an exact science.

TechFixOrg

Rookie
        • Yes
        • TechFix.org
      • Certifications: List
      « Reply #4 on: November 20, 2010, 12:34:00 AM »
      Yes, HDMI cables carry sound and video... However the eVGA 9500GT has no HDMI ports. This means, as he stated, he is using a converter (DVI-HDMI I assume). You may be getting static in your audio because of the adapter. The only way you will get that to work without static is to replace your video card with one that has an hdmi port on it.

Some televisions have 2 HDMI ports. Most of the time 1 of these supports both audio and video and the other just video. Using a DVI-HDMI adapter may be forcing audio to pass through that does not exist. Much like plugging in an auxiliary cable in to your car stereo and pinching the other end with your fingers. Or the noise you get when plugging in a microphone while the speakers are on.

Your other options are to use a DVI-VGA converter and hook up using VGA. Or you can use an S-Video cable if the Aquos has an S-Video port. Or you can buy another tv that has a video only HDMI port.