Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: accidental click removes startup menu  (Read 2150 times)

nuttyneedler

accidental click removes startup menu
« on: November 07, 2010, 12:07:59 PM »
This is a long story but here goes. We installed a new hard drive in a Dell 2400. We finally have it up and running but I wanted to change the huge screen to normal. I went into Control Panel, Display, Settings, and monitor. I must have clicked on something really bad because when I restarted my computer I had no startup screen. The tower turns on and is running perfectly. The monitor shows the Dell logo, and then goes from black to a deep midnight blue. I have tried the monitor driver disk and the F8 key on startup but to no avail. Please help me get out of this screen since I have nothing to click on.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: accidental click removes startup menu
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 08:02:26 PM »
You must have change the refresh rate settings and uncheck the box below it. The monitor must have not support the changes and upon windows booting it cannot configure the correct settings and it hangs on black state. You must make it to safemode option to work around this. Make sure you tap the F8 option key either rapidly if not then try tapping it just once on first splash screen, either way.