Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Printer suddenly stops working on Windows 7  (Read 2772 times)

jim.mar

Topic Starter

Apprentice
  • Long in the tooth, shy between the ears
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
Printer suddenly stops working on Windows 7
« on: November 10, 2010, 11:21:57 AM »
I have a HP 4200 series "All in one " printer that I have used for years through Windows 98, Windows XP, Vista, and for two months, Windows 7 (64 bit)..   Suddenly this am, it stopped responding.  Message says that it is not there...   So I tried to re-install it with the original CD.   When the installer is running it comes back with another message saying that I need administrator rights to install this.  I am the only user and administrator.  I have a tried to change users types, inserted other users, but nothing seems to work.    This all started when I lost my audio sound drivers after removing some programs that I did not want to buy and I used "system restore" to get my sound back..   Anybody have any ideas??
Thanks for reading ths,   JIM

PS>  I tried to insert a "screenshot here" but was unsucessful ? ?

[recovering disk space - old attachment deleted by admin]
You are much appreciated..     Thank you ,

JJ 3000

Egghead
Re: Printer suddenly stops working on Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 03:24:04 PM »
I tried to re-install it with the original CD.   When the installer is running it comes back with another message saying that I need administrator rights to install this.

Try installing again, but this time right click on the setup program and select run as administrator.
Save a Life!
Adopt a homeless pet.
http://www.petfinder.com/

harry 48

Egghead

• lay back , relax and chill out
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Dribbling Pensioner
  • Certifications: List
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 03:38:16 PM »
Try installing again, but this time right click on the setup program and select run as administrator.

i had the seem trouble and i had to do the above when i upgraded , but also i had to go to the printer web site and download a driver for win 7 and it works fine

jim.mar

Topic Starter

Apprentice
  • Long in the tooth, shy between the ears
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 04:57:36 PM »

JJ  Thank you.   It works  It hs been printing for several weeks, I wonder what changed?  Oh well, it's good now.  Thansk again
You are much appreciated..     Thank you ,