Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: delayed power on  (Read 2288 times)

cstitt

Topic Starter

Beginner

delayed power on
    « on: November 09, 2010, 07:05:00 AM »
    PC will not power up after power has been disconnected and then reconnected for several minutes and sometimes an hour or more, same thing if switch on power supply turned off.  After power up  PC works normal as long as power is not disconnected or switch on power supply not turned off.  (no delay with green light on MB coming on when connecting power cord)

Asus P4P800 SE motherboard, replaced 3gh cpu with 2.6gh, Coolmax model AP-450X(V-400) power supply.    ???

Accessless

Adviser
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: delayed power on
    « Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 07:57:08 AM »
    Personally I've never had that exact problem before but it's probably due to a faulty or failing power supply. I bet that if you were to try another you wouldn't have the problem.

cstitt

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 09:07:25 AM »
      Personally I've never had that exact problem before but it's probably due to a faulty or failing power supply. I bet that if you were to try another you wouldn't have the problem.

I will try another ps. 

problem solved

thank you

« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 09:42:48 AM by cstitt »

piceanrish

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 10:20:46 AM »
        If you are able to see the green LED on your motherboard and power supply fan doesnot spin then you need to replace the power supply fan.