Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Blue Screen of Death [BSoD] error. Please help!  (Read 3185 times)

Madjarov

Topic Starter

Starter

Blue Screen of Death [BSoD] error. Please help!
    « on: November 10, 2010, 04:58:55 PM »
    Hello,

I want to state my problem directly.
    First of all I cant say what my BSoD failure error is cuz I just disabled the aut-restart option in the system properties, so waiting for the upcoming error to catch it up!

However I want to state a few things that can/and probably are causing all that damage.

My pc is old 2 years and a half or close to that, I was running on it on Windows XP for over an year and had no troubles then, got the Win7 and was working pretty well too, but after a while my pc started showing me the blue screen of death, dunno why. However, the errors were rare in the begining, like once in a month or twice, then they've started getting more often and often up to now when Im getting it like twice a day or even 3 times/day.

My pc ram memory card of 2GB's got burned a week ago. I was taking a shower and the pc was on, the house power didnt went off (however I got a lot of stuff connected to one jack, like pc, tv, cellphone charger, lamp etc.. etc..) anyways, when I came out of the toilet the pc was shutted down. So, (that never happend before, it was getting restarted but didnt went off) so, I launched the pc, up to the Windows Vista logo it kept getting restarted. I went to the local service, they claimed the ram memory is burned and the ram is causing all the troble. So I fix the ram, I went to the shop buyed a new one - Kingston 2 GB ram memory and now Im back on 3 GB's ram again. The pc is still showing the blue screen of death.

However, when I get the PC from the local service I've noticed something.
    The pc case is having 2 slots in the back for my 22" Samsung monitor and all the time I've been using the 1st slot. When I get it back the system colors were more like Magenta, you know... then I switch it to the 2nd, the colors got recovered but the VGA cooler started working on intervals you know, like it's spinning for 20 sec then it stops for half a min and then working for another 20 sec and stops etc... when I link the monitor to the 1st slot now, the cooler is ON all the time but my colors are kinda messed up.
    I reinstalled the VGA driver however when I turn on the PC on the begining of the windows Im getting a dialog that my Catalyst Control Center turned off and asking me to debug the problem. I've tried to debug it but nothing happens.

Like I said, Im not aware of what the BSoD error is but I know Im gonna get something else burned inside that case in a short time. So please I need your help urgently!

From my experience so far, I think it's the VGA that causing all that damage but as, Im not an expert in all these things I rely on you guys.

Thanks in an advance,
    Mario :-\

P.S. I just want to state that when the BSoD appears it counts up to 100% like quickly (i.e. 20% - 43% - 70 - 90...) and it gets restarted and it says that the ram memory was dumped off or couldnt handle the thing or something like that...

Madjarov

Topic Starter

Starter

Re: Blue Screen of Death [BSoD] error. Please help!
      « Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 05:39:19 PM »
      One more thing I want to ask is it gonna be of any help if I attach in here some .dmp files I've found in the C:\WINDOWS\Logs?

...and the screen says "Physical Memory Dump"

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 12:25:42 AM »
      Make sure that the replaced RAM are compatible and that even though they are mobo compatible as much as possible don't mix different RAM products. If you happen to have taken the machine and examined already and prompted for a replacement of memory modules, then have them atleast do a round test for a couple of hours and wait for the symptoms or causes to appear to make sure that its worth it. System drivers, application can also be a problem.

Madjarov

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 11:14:58 AM »
        well i buyed kingston 2 gb ddr 2 on 800 mhz now only the previous one wasnt kingston and it was on 600+ mhz however the other ram memory of 1gb aint kingston too so the manifacturers were different all the time.

however here's a catch of my monitor what i took today while i had my failure agian!

please help me out.

http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/6045/22879817.jpg

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        « Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 06:36:13 PM »
        My guess is you have the wron RAM installed...
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
        « Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010, 06:46:37 PM »
        My pc ram memory card of 2GB's got burned a week ago
        What kind of burned(appearance)? On win 7 OS?Did you happen to change any BIOS default settings, overclocking while upgrading xp to 7? :-\
        Post computer specs and model. If you happen to have 2,3 or 4 slots for memory module, swap RAM to another slot. How long have you used Win 7 before BSOD occured for the 1st time? It might have started from overheat going to driver conflicts and upgrade.