Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Firefox has crashed on me twice today... Causes, solutions?  (Read 3285 times)

green tea

Topic Starter

Intermediate

Firefox has crashed on me twice today... Causes, solutions?
    « on: December 28, 2010, 02:55:02 AM »
    Hi. I'm currently using Mac/Snow Leopard. I've been using Firefox (I think I'm up to date) and only have Adblockplus as the addon. And then there was an update for ABP recently, so I updated it yesterday. I've d/led stuff from Megaupload plenty of times before without Firefox ever crashing.

So today, I was browsing yahoo answers and was d/ling one video from Megaupload like I always do.. but then it just crashed on me. This is first time I've encountered a crash for Firefox on this mac. I restarted Firefox and browsed like normal. I tried d/ling the same file again and it finished d/ling without any problem. I then d/led another vid (asian show) but it hanged...I've tried downloading this vid a couple of times before but it always hangs around 24 mb.

I then tried d/ling the next ep and this one always just d/ls 4kb and finishes even though it's a 700 mb file. So I skip that one and go onto the next episode and it downloads successfully. I then proceed to d/ling the episode after that one BUT when I click the "download window that shows the name of the vid and location where it should be saved to" Firefox just crashed.

So the last page I was on when Firefox crashed was Megaupload.

Anyways, I checked the mozilla support page for firefox crashing and it said to delete "downloads.sqlite" file. My question is, what is it? Is it ok to delete or it should be left alone?

I also just went to the "about:crashes" page on Mozilla to try and comprehend the reports.. but I do not understand any of the information from there.
    « Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 03:15:32 AM by green tea »

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Firefox has crashed on me twice today... Causes, solutions?
    « Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 06:14:45 AM »
    No need to double Post...

Topic Closed.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "