Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Microsoft Excell 2010  (Read 2523 times)

Dan B

Microsoft Excell 2010
« on: November 03, 2010, 03:08:07 PM »
In one cell I want to enter a material description (ex: D2, A2, DC53, etc..). In another cell I want to enter the weight of the material. In yet another cell I want to have that cell recognize the material description entered and calculate the weight by cost per pound. The cost per pound of material is different per material (ex: [email protected]/lb, [email protected]/lb.). I am unable to get it to recognize the different materials.

Thank you,

Danny

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Microsoft Excell 2010
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 09:39:38 AM »
Can you post the formula you tried using to calculate the cost (weight X unit cost)?  Also, can you describe the spreadsheet layout in more detail?  For example, column A is material description, column B is weight, column C is unit cost, etc.

lau

Beginner
    Re: Microsoft Excell 2010
    « Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 11:32:15 PM »
    The format of your spreadsheet normally determines if your formula works. What you are wanting is pretty simple, but its like Soybean said, material in col A, etc

The formula's in 2010 should be the same as in the previous versions of Excel so a simple formula like =weight*unit cost (eg. =B2*C2 )  should work.
    Thort of the day: I was normal once....didn't like it