Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Reinstalling windows and Raid  (Read 2543 times)

gamjanamja

Reinstalling windows and Raid
« on: August 05, 2005, 04:28:57 PM »
okay, so I got my new mobo and everything's working fine, cept found my hdd was doa, so rma'd that

In the meantime, with one WD Raptor 10,000 rpm Sata HDD, I installed Windows to see if every other part of my comp was fine and not dead, because they're only covered by warranty for a few more days.

But, my other HDD has come back, and I want to set up RAID 0, but what would I have to do? Reinstall windows? and how would I do that? And the drivers for the SATA HDD's (i've got an asus mobo), would I have to get the winxp64 version Nforce's, even though i'm not using the 64 version? Because i can't find SATA drivers for regular windows xp pro.

Oh, and if anyone else has an A8N-SLI Deluxe mobo, could they walk me through setting up RAID?

Raptor

Re: Reinstalling windows and Raid
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2005, 04:31:19 PM »
If your mainboard supports RAID,  it should have come a very thick manual on all RAID configurations available.

gamjanamja

Re: Reinstalling windows and Raid
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2005, 04:55:45 PM »
It does, it even has two different ones: one for Raid supported by Nvidia, and another for Sil3114. I'm using the NVRaid one, but I read that I should update my drivers. I already updated the BIOS to some beta version 1013-002, but the only NVRaid I could find was for Windows XP x64. I was wondering if I should use this even though i'm only running Windows xp?

And the HDD's were OEM, so I don't have any manual to know what jumper settings to change and stuff.