Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Installation of additional hd to an HP computer  (Read 3163 times)

dlnewman

Installation of additional hd to an HP computer
« on: November 17, 2010, 05:23:17 AM »
Hi I am wanting to install an additional hd into a HP computer Pavillion 503.  The other HD comes from same type and model of computer.  I am wanting to combine the two together, one has the video plug for monitor broken in it.  What I would like to know is if there will be any issues with taking the other HD from the one and installing in this one.  Done harvested the memory stick from the other just wanted to make sure that there is not something I need to watch for installing the other hard drive as well.  Both have been running xp.  Any advice would be welcomed.

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Installation of additional hd to an HP computer
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 05:41:27 AM »
The new hd will not boot to the OS, but other than that there is nothing special about adding a hard drive.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Installation of additional hd to an HP computer
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 06:16:13 AM »
I am wanting to combine the two together
You are gonna use the HD for back-up(files) or dual boot? What do you mean video broken?
IF your mobo/comp. is or have another channel or capable of having 2 HDs, then shoot.