Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Burning a game.  (Read 2216 times)

WillNeedsHelpFast

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    Burning a game.
    « on: November 18, 2010, 07:42:31 PM »
    So, I have a question or 2 about burning a game.

Either my dog or my nephew broke my Halo. I have the files on my computer and I still have the case with the serial, but the actual disc is broken. Therefore I want to take the files and burn them to a cd so I can actually play the game via the disc.

This is legal right since Im not trying to use it to sell but so I can continue to play my game since I did buy it in the first place and I have a legit serial that I got from the game.

Anyway, what all should/would I need to burn to the CD. Cause I think I want to burn everything to the CD and then uninstall the game, then reinstall it and use the disc fine.

What would be the checklist to make sure I have on the cd?
    Doesn't need help as fast anymore ;)

quaxo

Guru
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Burning a game.
    « Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 09:14:36 PM »
    To do this, you would need to bypass the copy protection check that the program will likely do to see if the original CD is inserted. We cannot help you do this. Please don't ask again.

If you need a replacement CD, you might be able to get one from the publisher (for a fee), eBay, or the bargain bin at your local software retailer.

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Burning a game.
    « Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 05:50:50 AM »
    Thread locked.