Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Mouse issues (slight drifting)  (Read 2197 times)

spdn4cr

Mouse issues (slight drifting)
« on: November 22, 2010, 01:28:32 PM »
Hi all,

I've tried numerous other forums (including logitech's forums) and I can't seem to get a fix for this.  I have a wireless optical mouse which works great for me on my windows 7 platform.  It's really old now so i've tried to purchase a new wireless mouse (this time laser). Both my new mouse and old mouse have the latest drivers installed.  Here's the odd thing.....if i get a piece of paper and draw a circle on it and then trace that circle with my OPTICAL mouse over and over, my cursor on the screen does the same and that circle stays in the same place on the screen.  However, if i try to do this with a Logitech LASER mouse (I've tried 2 different ones now). The circle will slowly move down the screen even though I'm continually circling the same spot on the mouse pad.  It's almost as if it's slowly drifting down.  I can also see this if I move the mouse up and down in a 2 to 3 inch range on exactly the same place....the old OPTICAL mouse will remain in the same place as I do this, but the laser mice will slowly move down even though the mouse is not leaving the spot where the line is drawn.  I've tried turning off the mouse acceleration, trying different mouse pads, moving any interference items like routers or cell phones....all to no avail.  All the drivers are up to date as well.  Most people who just surf don't notice this but a gamer does....any suggestions?  Thanks for any advice!  I'm hoping someone else has had this problem.

Best,

Spd

Azzaboi

Apprentice
  • Aaron's Game Zone
    • Aaron's Game Zone
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Mouse issues (slight drifting)
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 04:13:52 PM »
Most later model logitech mice are great for gaming, I use one myself and have had no issues with it.

First check the table is flat and not sloping a bit. Laser mouse should be way more accurate than an optical.

Next make sure if also using a touthpad, etc, it's not interfering - if so disabled it.

Changing PS/2 port might solve your problem, USB connection is much better to use.

It could be your purchased mouse is faulty, if still under warranty you should be able to get it replaced for free.

I would also suggest going wired for any mouse, it's annoying for gamers due to long hours playing + batteries = instant death and also interference from other electrical devices such as your sound system, monitor, etc. Also don't use a wireless for the net when online gaming, lag and more interference!

I use the Razer mousepads, it's a large surface smooth area and the texture on those makes the mouse high accuracy - great for hardcore first person shooter games.
Aaron's Game Zone
The best free online flash games: http://azzaboi.weebly.com

Play Games - Play free games at Play Games Arcade