Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Screen brightness delay on wakeup  (Read 2672 times)

jordon

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Screen brightness delay on wakeup
    « on: November 27, 2010, 10:42:41 PM »
    My screen brightness remains very dimm for about 15mins after wakeup.  Where can I change the setting to 100$ brightness after wake up.
    Its driving me crazy.  Thanks

talontromper

Hopeful
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: Screen brightness delay on wakeup
    « Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 03:55:16 AM »
    There are buttons on the front or bottom front of the monitor, if its a desktop screen that is. If its a laptop look at the keyboard for the contrast up button and hold the FN key and press the contrast up key as well.
    "One does not discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time." - Andre Gide

talontromper

Hopeful
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    « Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 03:59:58 AM »
    What is the system you are using; if its a laptop and your on battery power it can dim the display for that. You could try looking under the power settings on the computer.
    "One does not discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time." - Andre Gide

jordon

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010, 05:12:18 AM »
      Hi, I'm using a desktop PC, Windows 7.  Have tried the contrast buttons on the screen and have not found any relevant setting in the power settings on the computer to fix this (unless I am missing something).  Does it have anything to do with the S3/S4 Power on by Ps/2 KB and mouse setting in BIOS?  It takes about 15 - 20min after waking up the pc to get the brightness up to normal, when first woken up the screen is very dim, so not sure if it is a power saving setting or other. Thanks