Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: making two screens act separately  (Read 1848 times)

phallan

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Here to learn
    making two screens act separately
    « on: November 28, 2010, 04:14:42 AM »
    Hey, I just got home from Dreamhack and I decided to hook two monitors up to my Geforce 275 GTX XXX Core Edition. One to play games on (HP w20") and one to use msn on etc etc. (HP 1902). I can get the two screen working and showing their own copies of my wallpaper, and the startbar etc is on my main screen (left one). and I dragged msn etc to the right screen and started let's say... Call of Duty: Black Ops on the left one.

The game starts up on the main screen but if I try to use msn or even move my mouse over to the msn monitor it cannot be done, it makes my game minimize.. How do I fix this?

I used Nvidia Control Panel to set the screen combo up.

Sincerely, Phallan

truenorth

Guru

Re: making two screens act separately
      « Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 01:21:35 PM »
      This is not something i have personally done. However i have seen the result many times on other computer set ups. On your behalf i have tried to see how it can be done. Here is a Microsoft site that does explain it. Hopefully there will be something there that helps you to achieve your objective.
      http://www.microsoft.com/athome/organization/twomonitors.aspx
      truenorth